We are excited to welcome our attendees to the CALICO 2022 in Seattle, from May 31st to June 4th, 2022!
CALICO 2022 organizers are following the safety guidelines and protocols of the U.S. Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the State of Washington, Seattle, and the Renaissance Seattle Hotel. Further information about the Renaissance Hotel ‘commitment to clean’
CALICO asks for your help to ensure the safety of all attendees at this event, which will operate consistent with CDC, State and venue guidance, and restrictions related to COVID-19. Participants will receive a logistics email the week of May 1, 2022.
As of February 21st, 2022, CALICO has decided that all attendees are required to comply with the following protocols. We STRONGLY encourage:
- Vaccines: Please be fully vaccinated 14 days prior to the start of the conference or have a negative PCR COVID-19 or antigen COVID-19 test within 72 hours of arriving at the conference venue. We are following CDC and King County Guidelines on vaccines and will update this policy as needed.
- Masks: Regardless of vaccination status or test results, masks will be required inside all meeting rooms (but not public spaces), except when speaking at a microphone as part of event proceedings or when in the act of eating or drinking. This includes exhibitors in the exhibit hall.
- Personal responsibility: If you are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, or believe you encountered someone with COVID-19, please abstain from attending conference events and get a PCR COVID-19 or antigen COVID-19 test (see FAQs below for more information on locations in Seattle).
- Sanitizing Stations: Will be available throughout the Renaissance Hotel, especially in high touch-point areas.
Please note that these protocols are subject to change depending on the local and government health guidelines in place prior to the start of the conference. CALICO also reserves the right to choose to exceed protocols mandated by the local government.
Below, you will find answers to frequently asked questions regarding COVID-19 protocols at CALICO 2022 .
1. What does ‘fully vaccinated’ mean?
CALICO will consider you fully vaccinated if you have received all the recommended doses of a COVID-19 vaccine that has been authorized or approved by your country’s health authority. The Seattle airport provides rapid COVID testing for a fee in the central auditorium at SEA located in pre-security on the mezzanine level above ticketing.
- COVID-19 testing is available near the Renaissance Hotel where the CALICO 2022 conference will take place, including at:
- Curative, a COVID-19 testing center 10 minutes walking distance from the Omni Hotel, offers free tests by appointment only for a PCR COVID-19 test with 1-2 days turn-around.
2. Where can I find the most up to date COVID-19 health protocols for CALICO 2022?
Check the CALICO 2022 Conference website regularly for updates as guidelines are subject to change. You can also download the Washington Exposures Notifications App, the official mobile app for weekly local COVID alerts by the Washington State Department of Health.
3. I am an international attendee. Do I need to quarantine for a certain period after I enter the US?
According to the current CDC guidelines, if you are fully vaccinated, you do NOT need to self-quarantine after arriving in the United States. Still, all international travelers arriving in the United States are recommended to get a COVID-19 PCR test 3-5 days after travel, regardless of vaccination status.
4. Will there be any social distancing guidelines implemented during the conference?
As the 2022 event approaches, CALICO will continue to evaluate our distancing guidelines and consider ways in which we can make sure our attendees are comfortable and safe.
The Renaissance Hotel has information on their website about things they do to maintain a safe hotel.
5. What happens if I fail to comply with the COVID-19 safety protocols at the event?
Event staff will ask you to comply with the protocols. Attendees who still fail to comply with the protocols will be asked to leave the venue.
6. If I choose to bring others with me to the conference, what are the guidelines?
Our utmost concern is for the safety and security of our attendees, presenters, sponsors/exhibitors, and their children. The decision to bring your children, partners, etc. with you to the event is yours. Please note that all attendees, including children, must follow the guidelines detailed above, wearing a mask, and wearing a name tag throughout the conference.
7. What if I experience COVID-19 symptoms during the conference? What should I do?
Please refer to the U.S. CDC guidelines below for COVID-19 symptoms.
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported, ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. The following symptoms may indicate COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
Please note that the conference hotel does have procedures in place should someone come down with COVID symptoms. If you are experiencing any or more of these symptoms, please contact Conference Manager, Esther Horn, and self-quarantine in your room until you are tested for COVID-19 and receive a negative result.