Information for Presenters — Online Proceedings
Submit a copy of your presentation materials or submit your presentation as a “podcast” to be published on the CALICO website after the conference. This is a great way for you to share your research and ideas with others and for others to see your presentation again or catch your presentation if they missed it the first time!
We did not record live audio podcasts during sessions this year. However, you are welcome to prepare a file and send that presentation file after the conference for publication on the CALICO website. The file can simply be a PowerPoint that you narrate, a movie, or web links.
If you would like to share your presentation and/or handouts on the CALICO website after the conference, please follow these instructions:
- Prepare your file(s). Your file must be saved in one of the following formats:
- Microsoft PowerPoint* (.ppt or .pptx)
- Apple Keynote (*.keynote or *.key)
- PDF (*.pdf)
- URL (ie; link to your presentation’s Prezi, website, Wiki, Blog, etc.)
- QuickTime (*.mov) including Profcast* (other video formats may also be acceptable)
Please note that if your presentation materials are not in one of the formats listed above, we may still be able to accommodate it by exporting it to widely-used format. Please contact Dan Meyers at email@example.com for more information on file options.
*We recommend that you narrate your PowerPoint presentations before sending the file, if possible. For a free solution, you may use Profcast (www.profcast.com) to do so – there is a 15 day free trial for Mac and Windows.
- Send an email including the file(s) as an attachment to Dan Meyers at firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to include your name, email address, and the name of the session in the text of the email. You will be notified once the files are uploaded. If there are any questions, we will contact you at your email address.
- By sending a file for posting on the CALICO website, you are giving CALICO permission to share your file on the website. If you wish to have the file removed at any time, please email Esther Horn at email@example.com to notify us.
IMPORTANT: In the case of sessions with multiple presenters, we ask that you work to create one presentation per session whenever possible. We are happy to assist you!