Call for proposals: CALICO Journal special issue
We are inviting proposals for the special issue 39.1 of the CALICO Journal to be published in February 2022. With this call for proposals we are looking for (a) guest editor(s). If you are interested in becoming guest editor, please submit a proposal that should have the following rubrics:
(1) name(s) and affiliation(s) of the guest editor(s)
(2) topic of the special issue
(3) rationale for the topic
(4) production timeline (containing such dates as deadlines for CfPs, authors, reviewers, revisions. All revisions to accepted manuscripts must be completed by 8/15/2021).
(5) short CV of each guest editor (with particular emphasis on published research on the topic of the special issue and editing experience)
(6) draft Call for Papers for the special issue
All proposals will be evaluated by CJ’s editorial board.
Initial expressions of interest and informal enquiries can be sent to the editors Ana Oskoz and Bryan Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org by May 30th. The submission deadline for formal proposals is June 15, 2020
The special issues of the CALICO Journal present original research on emerging discourses in CALL and on new developments in its sub-areas. Recent and planned special issues of the CALICO Journal include:
- CJ 37.2 (2021): Innovation and Creation: Harnessing the Maker Movement in CALL (Lord, G., & Dubreil, S.)
- CJ 37.1 (2020): Exploring the Interface of Interlanguage (L2) Pragmatics and Digital Spaces (Sykes, J., & Gonzalez-Lloret, M.)
- CJ 36.1 (2019): Promoting Social Justice with CALL (Gleason, J., & Suvorov, R.)
- CJ 34.1 (2017): Computer-Assisted Language Learning (CALL) in Extracurricular /Extramural Contexts (Sylvén, L., & Sundquist, P.)
- CJ 33.1 (2016): Automated writing evaluation in language teaching (Hegelheimer, W., Dursun, A., & Li, Z.)